BPA places top three in state

Donnieta Ray

BPA goes to state and has multiple opportunities to go to nationals. they started preparing for state at the beginning of the year. (Rohit Reddy, Garrett Shaver, Albin John, Brianne Abbott, Cooper Thaxton, Emily Steele, Kenzie Strong, Morgan Hall, Ryan Thomas, Katelyn Rice, Dylan Carlisle, Nicole Gilbert, Avery Steele)

Business Professionals of America went to state and qualified for nationals. BPA prepares students for careers that involve business owning and teaches them management skills. There are many categories at state that students competed in.
¨In my class, I teach three hours of programming then I teach administrative technologies and office management which are also available for a office management class,” BPA sponsor Donniela Ray said. “Mr. Edgar, who is also one of the advisors of BPA, teaches personal finance. Mrs. Moyis the computer science essentials and fundamentals of technology teacher and Mr. Harrison teach multimedia, fundamentals of technology, and website and webpage design.¨
For every category, there are different preparation steps for state. For small business management, they were given a prompt at the being of the year, and then at state, they were given a curveball to throw them off.
¨The prompt was about this guy, Jeremy Johnson, who had a food truck. We had to make sure it was run well and the food was good. After presenting, they gave us our curveball which was that he wanted to buy a second food truck and we had to decide if he should,¨ senior Brianne Abbott said.
BPA teaches students the basics of business building and slowly getting them ready for the real world outside of high school.
¨If you’re going into finance or business, they teach you stuff you would actually need to know like making a small business tax,¨ sophomore Ryan Thomas said.