Need to knows about the second semester

With+2021+over%2C+there+are+many+questions+that+need+to+be+answered+for+students+to+help+ensure+them+a+successful+second+semester.+If+we+were+given+important+announcements+ahead+of+time+I+think+that+would+be+very+beneficial+to+a+lot+of+students%2C+senior+Maddie+Bone+said.+

Landon Thomas

With 2021 over, there are many questions that need to be answered for students to help ensure them a successful second semester. “If we were given important announcements ahead of time I think that would be very beneficial to a lot of students,” senior Maddie Bone said.

After a rough 2021 for everyone, with the pandemic and everything else that took place, it is essential to look forward to seeing everything great that will take place for the second semester in 2022. 

Enrollment 

Enrollment is crucial for every school as it gets students enlisted into the next chapter of their academic journey. 

“Enrolling every year for me is so stressful, but I also love it as it can help me find out what I am interested in career-wise,” junior Mackenzie Arnold said. 

The process for juniors going into their senior year starts Jan. 18 and ends the 27. The sophomore class is next, beginning Jan. 21 to Feb. 1. The freshmen will lastly begin to enroll from Feb. 3 to the 14. Also, for students interested in CVTech, interviews will be conducted on Feb. 14 and 15, with concurrent enrollment happening on Mar. 24. 

Sports

With just under a month of winter done, there is still plenty of sports left to follow during this semester. Even though basketball, swimming and wrestling have already started, so many other sports have already begun practicing to help ensure a better performance. Tennis, baseball and soccer will start their respective seasons in mid to late Feb., with golf and track beginning in the spring. 

“Me and my teammates are ready for the upcoming season and working our tails off in practice every time,” senior Paige Adams said.  

March

To start the month of March, current eighth-graders will be allowed to visit the high school on the 1st and 2nd. Directly following on the 3rd and 4th, Jostens will have a senior announcement delivery during all three lunches in the rotunda. There will also be a parent-teacher conference on the 7th. Lastly, for March, spring break will take place from the 11th to the 18th.

April

Upperclassmen this month is for you starting with juniors as they will be preparing for the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) on the 4th, 5th, and 11th. The College and Career Readiness Assessments (CCRA) science test for juniors will take place during the 7th-8th and the history test on the 17th-18th. The SAT will take place for juniors after preparing for it on the 13th and 14th. School will also not take place on the 15th. For seniors who are graduating this year, caps and gowns will be delivered on the 27th. Also, on the 27th, student-athletes will announce where they plan to continue their education from 8-10 a.m. Prom will take place on the 30th at the Farmers Public Market in Oklahoma City from 8 to 11 p.m.

May

It is finally the time for the students to get recognition for their hard work and dedication at the awards ceremony on the 5th from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. A time where seniors are congratulated for completing their high school journeys, otherwise known as a baccalaureate, will take place on the 15th from 3 to 4 p.m. Semester testing will happen on the 16th and 17th. Finally, to end the school year, the last day will be the 19th and graduation on the 20th from 6 to 9 p.m.

“I honestly can not wait for graduation, but I am also scared about what the unknown holds,” senior Sophie Behrens said. “With also knowing the date for graduation, prom and everything else, I feel like it will help me out in the long run.”